Rules and regulations of drone flying in Denmark
If you are considering a drone operation in Denmark, you have to be aware of the special restrictions in the Danish Law, that concerns this field.
The following article gives you an insight in the multiple regulations regarding drone operations, what you especially need to be aware of, and, at the same time, it provides you with information on how to get the different operating permissions before you “take off”.
All courses are with full board accommodation
Operations on the country side
About operations on the country side
If you are considering a drone operation on the country side, you have to be aware if the location is:
- – Farther than 150 meters to residential areas
- – Farther than 150 meters to busy roads and streets
- – Farther than 5 km to the nearest airport
If the above conditions are followed, the operation will be considered a country side operation and will be regulated according to the regulations of non-commercial drone flight.
The regulations for drone flying on the country side concise, that the following is upheld:
- – The drone shall not exceed a height of more than 100 AGL
- – The drone shall not be flying above crowds of people
- – The drone flying shall not be a danger towards it’s surroundings
Private courses for your company
We offer private courses at your location, where we come to you and teach. The advantage of this setup is that we can customize the lecture to your exact needs and challenges.
Operations in the city
About operations in urban areas
If the drone operation takes place:
- – Closer than 150 meters to residential areas
- – Closer than 150 meters to busy roads and streets
- – Closer than 5 km to the nearest airport
The operation will be considered a city drone operation and will be regulated according to the regulations of commercial drone flight.
The danish drone licence
The danish drone license is called a “Dronebevis”. The license authorizes the drone operator to fly within the city and closer to airports, if the operator upholds a series of minimum distances and other special circumstances.
The drone license can only be obtained through a drone license course, which requires the drone operators physical presence during the the entire course.
The drone license is a permanent identity specific license, that comes in three different variations;
- – Drone license 1A, authorizes flight with drones with a weight of up to 1,5kg.
- – Drone license 1B, authorizes flight with drones with a weight of up to 7kg.
- – Drone license 2, authorizes flight with drones with a weight of up to 25kg.
Course 1A is a two day course and the cost is equivalent to 1049$.
Course 1B and 2 is a three day course and the cost is equivalent to 1199$.
The course contains crucial theoretic information in regards to: drone technology, rules and regulations, airspace, examples of operation planning.
The course is mainly build on the same theoretic foundation as the FAA regulations in the United States.
The drone license is not a free pass to fly drones in residential areas. It requires a list of demands, that shall be upheld at any time:
- – The dronepilot is required to have a valid liability insurance that is covered within the Danish boarders.
- – The operation shall, at all times, have a commercial purpose. Drone flying “for fun” within the city is not allowed.
- – The drone shall, at all times, operate within a safety distance of 15 meters from other people than the operator. Only the operator and one assistant can reside within the safety zone.
Top quality courses
We ensure that you are taught in a comfortable and inspiring environment.
Contact us and talk with an employee.
(+45) 53 53 48 37
Send us an e-mail for a quick response